- This event has passed.
OD Certification Program (ODCP)
September 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+0$3800
The Organization Development Certified Professional Program (ODCP) is an online certification program designed to help participants advance their career in the field of Organization Development. Participants learn how to apply the concepts of OD using the action research model, OD’s model for change, to help clients identify needs and solve critical business challenges using a whole systems approach.
The Organization Development Certification Program (ODCP) is designed to help participants gain practical skills to advance in the field of Organization Development. Participants earn the distinction as an Organization Development Certified Professional (ODCP).
Through the Organizational Development Certification Program, participants learn how to apply the concepts of OD by using the Action Research Model and OD’s model for change to help clients identify needs and solve critical business challenges using a whole systems approach.
In each of the Organization Development Certification Program sessions, participants practice by using OD tools to learn how to develop a client relationship, gain senior leader buy-in, create contract criteria, identify data collection techniques, conduct feedback and action planning sessions, measure results, recognize change models, identify systems thinking and learning, improve organization systems, and integrate sustainable change processes into the culture for ongoing renewal.
The OD Certification Program (ODCP) is offered online, for an 8 month period, meeting 3 hours per month. Each session provides participants with tools, guidelines and interactive activities to practice OD. Participants network with each other to share valuable insights. IOD’s experienced facilitators lead each session and provide coaching in between sessions. Participants complete assignments and case studies to practice the skills learned during each session. A final exam is provided at the end of the program to complete the certification process.
Participants receive 8 comprehensive OD guidebooks, slides, OD Tools, OD Resources and References, Assessments, & Case Studies.
If you are interested in gaining a certification in the field of OD to advance your career potential!
Here are the benefits of gaining an ODCP Certification
- Build your brand as an OD internal/external professional
- Apply proven methodology to create a solid transformation plan
- Begin applying OD principles immediately in your job
- Influence leadership with expert advise
- Become a catalyst of change in your organization
- Lead change management initiatives effectively
- Impact the bottom line of the organization with results
- Sharpen your facilitation and contracting skills
- Apply what you learn immediately in your current role
- Earn 24 HRCI credits for recertification
- Receive 24 SHRM – PDC for recertification
- Gain the credential “ODCP” to be recognized as an OD professional
Who Should Take This Online OD Certification:
- 4+ years experience & degree in the field of HR, L&D, TM, OD, Change Management. Responsible for leading change interventions and implementing change. Prerequisite for ODCC.
- Human Resource Professionals
- Talent Management Professionals
- Training and Development Professionals
- OD Professionals
Online Sessions are 3 hours long and meet once a month on the same day (e.g.,2nd Tuesday of the month). Once you register, you will receive confirmation of all meeting dates and times. Each session is facilitated live by an experienced OD Consultant. Session Dates are as below
- Understand the theories, concepts, history and ethic of OD
- Apply OD’s Change Management Approach – Action Research 7 Phase Model
- Demonstrate a variety of OD concepts, tools, and models
- Identify the client’s needs and develop a trusting relationship
- Demonstrate effective contracting techniques for roles, responsibilities, ground rules and deliverables
- Diagnose organization problems to determine root causes and gaps
- Develop data collection tools, collect and analyze data and create feedback reports
- Facilitate a variety of feedback, strategic planning and follow up meetings
- Work with clients to identify appropriate interventions, create action plans, and project plans to implement change
- Implement a variety of assessment instruments to align change with the organization system
- Recognize how to overcome resistance to change
- Define measurable outcomes and measure results
- Provide coaching, feedback, and follow-up to help clients sustain change
- Develop a plan to help the client support and maintain the change
- Introduction to OD, Roles, Values, History, Ethics
- Action Research Model: Entry and Contracting
- Assessing Organization Needs Through Analysis
- Preparing and Facilitating Feedback Sessions
- Identifying Action Plans and Creating Project Plans
- Designing OD interventions and Implementing Change Management
- Evaluating Results and Sustaining Change
- Preparing the Client for Maintenance, Exit and Separation
Additional Resources Provided:
- 8 Participant guides, one for each session
- Complete set of the presentation slides each month
- OD Professional Competency Assessment (a “must do” assessment instrument as you immerse in the field of OD!)
- Access to 6 case studies, OD toolkit, change management toolkit, and facilitator toolkit, sample assessments, over 30 guidelines and templates
- Comprehensive list of OD publications and references
- Up to 6 hours of coaching and mentoring with an experienced OD practitioner
- Official program certification and distinction as OD Certified Professional
- Access to Institute OD Linked-in group and international network of OD Professionals
- Access to our weekly articles and updates
- Access to career opportunities and referrals through our social media notifications
- Preferred alumni registration and discounts for OD professional development and Certificate Programs
- After completing this course, you may want to advance your skills to the next level and are invited to complete the Advanced OD Consultant’s Certification Program (ODCC).
Professional Development Requirements
- It is suggested that participants complete 2-3 additional courses yearly to keep their certification up to date.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed brochure.