America Needs You
The California Executive Director (ED) is the face of ANY in the community and a champion for first-generation college students, who will lead and grow their team and market to achieve more impact. A passionate mobilizer and result-oriented changemaker, the ED leads our California site and is responsible for its performance, growth, funding and success. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the ED will be tasked with setting and articulating a compelling site strategy; fundraising and external affairs; overseeing program delivery, partnerships, and people; and providing overall nonprofit leadership and management. The ED will also work closely with the CEO and Chief External Affairs Officer (CEAO) to lead local fundraising and external affairs.
This inspirational leader is passionate about ANY’s mission, is highly collaborative, has a hunger for developing strong partnerships and raising critical funds, has a track-record of achieving excellence, and demonstrates proven success in managing the day-to-day operations of a growing organization. The ED will have a growth-mindset and execute ANY’s current program, while also focusing on opportunities for growth.
The position is based in Los Angeles, California and is currently hybrid, requiring in-person attendance at monthly Saturday workshops, and in-person attendance at other work-related events/meetings, as needed.
- Leadership and Strategy: Deliver ANY’s vision and strategic plan in the local site, engaging with Leadership, the Board, staff, and as appropriate, external stakeholders to develop and evaluate local site strategy and ANY’s exciting growth plans.
- Fundraising and External Affairs: Evaluate, develop, and execute the site’s fundraising strategy to identify and prioritize funding sources to meet funding targets and diversify revenue streams. Serve as the face and primary spokesperson of ANY locally.
- Program Growth and Partnerships: Grow the site, and build higher education and corporate partnerships for internships and volunteer and Fellow recruitment pipelines.
- Site Management and Performance: Oversee delivery, quality control, and evaluation of programs. Prepare annual operating budgets, manage resources and site expenses within budget guidelines and the strategic roadmap. Day-to-day management of local team.
- Board Management: Actively manage and a grow a local 10-15 person Advisory Board, recruiting and engaging a diverse group of board members.
To apply for this job please visit americaneedsyou.org.