Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
This position is located at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of Human Capital. The incumbent serves as a Human Resources Specialist responsible for developing innovative recruitment, outreach, marketing, and hiring strategies to attract and retain a highly qualified, diverse, and competent workforce for the Consumer Financial Protection. The incumbent is expected to think creatively and employ innovative methods to market the Bureau as an “employer of choice.”
As a Human Resource Specialist (Recruitment), you will design, develop, and implement targeted but flexible recruitment and outreach strategies based on the Bureau’s staffing and workforce plans. Specific tasks may include:
- Create and implement the campus recruiting strategy in line with entry-level and developmental programs.
- Determine mix of campus events, virtual events, and other outreach activities to attract a diverse and well-qualified pool of applicants.
- Create and implement the online strategy to build the Bureau’s employment brand among diverse, well-qualified, passive job seekers. Online strategy will include social media, database mining, job advertisements, and other emerging outreach strategies.
- Attend recruitment events and ensure Bureau representation at all registered events. Provide training to Bureau employees who are participating in recruiting events.
- Source and attract candidates for highly specialized, difficult-to-fill positions; senior-level executive positions; and high-volume hiring efforts, such as Examiner hiring.
- Evaluate recruiting events for effectiveness and recommend adjustments that will maximize the Bureau’s return on investment.
- Participate in the management of the Bureau’s recruitment budget.