EnCompass LLC is seeking an Organizational Development (OD) Advisor to provide overall leadership, expertise, and innovative approaches in organizational development to the Planning, Learning, and Resource Management Training, Professional, and Organizational Development (PLR-TPOD) contract with USAID’s Bureau for Planning, Learning and Resource Management (PLR), formed in 2023. EnCompass LLC collaborates with PLR to design and deliver modern, inclusive, results-focused, and learner-centered solutions for staff development, learning exchange, and increased organizational health and performance.
The OD Advisor works closely with the Project Director and project stakeholders to co-create processes, tools, and structures that enhance organizational effectiveness. They will provide support to operating units to examine the alignment of their effectiveness, productivity, structure, metrics, and overall employee satisfaction. The OD Advisor plays a leadership role in supporting PLR to develop and carry out a holistic organizational development strategy, based on evidence collected from quantitative and qualitative sources, and propose good-in-class organizational development solutions to achieve organizational development objectives. Some key focus areas are expected to include team building, organizational assessments, change management, career development, leadership development, and communications.
The OD Advisor has deep knowledge of organizational development methods and innovative practices, experience on USAID projects, and in leading a team. In addition to technical oversight, the OD Advisor supervises other project staff supporting the organizational development efforts to ensure deliverables are met and the highest quality is achieved.
This is a full-time position located at the EnCompass principal office in Silver Spring, Maryland, and follows the EnCompass flexible hybrid work model with split time between telework and the office. This individual may also be expected to work from client sites in the Washington, DC metro area, as needed.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides overall vision, strategic direction, and leadership in the area of organizational development, change management, and related professional development interventions
- Designs, delivers, and evaluates organizational development (OD) activities including but not limited to strategic planning, assessments, team building, retreats, change management, co-creation workshops, leadership development, and facilitation of learning and other events
- Advises project team to provide on-demand guidance with a focus on organizational development and change management
- Collaborates strategically with Project Director and client groups to conceptualize, assess, design, and implement change based on identified needs (e.g., organizational structure, ways of working, organizational culture/climate, processes)
- Brings creative, leading-edge thinking, methodologies, and approaches to a range of organizational development and leadership development programs
- Designs and facilitates face-to-face, virtual, and/or hybrid workshops and retreats in an engaging, participatory, and collaborative manner
- Leads collaborative processes for conducting staff and stakeholder engagement (e.g., stakeholder mapping, consultative processes)
- Effectively communicates progress on complex organizational development project deliverables to clients, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Ensures integration of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), gender equality, and social inclusion lenses in all OD interventions
- Implements OD-related monitoring and reporting activities that inform monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) processes and project reports in ways that demonstrate progress against project results in consultation with project colleagues and experts
- Collaborates with, and provides technical support to, activity teams across the project that result in greater integration and complementarity of efforts
- Develops and documents good, emergent, and best practices to improve organizational performance and effectiveness, as well as systems to integrate the lessons across project workstreams
- Collaborates with project colleagues to implement a robust system for knowledge capture and management, particularly for organizational learning
- Manages coaching and mentoring opportunities, aligned with learning programs or stand-alone
- Manages organizational development projects from design to implementation to evaluation, including scope, budget, timeline, and quality assurance for assigned activities
- Manages activities, including engagement with clients
- Supervises and supports development of staff
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree and 16 years of professional experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 14 years; or Master’s degree and 12 years
- Degree in Organizational Development, Change Management, Leadership Development or related field
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 12 years of work experience within organizational development and/or change management successfully designing and facilitating engaging and effective organizational development interventions
- Expertise in leading-edge thinking, methodologies, and approaches in organizational development, leadership development, team effectiveness
- Proven experience identifying and framing needs and opportunities, setting priorities, making critical assessments and identifying creative solutions
- Experience successfully leading, ideating, and implementing high visibility projects, in a complex environment with multiple tasks
- Experience with assessment tools such as 360-degree assessments, StrengthsFinder 2.0, TKI, Leadership Circle, DiSC, and Insights Discovery, with qualification in one or more tools strongly preferred
- Experience working with USAID strongly preferred
- Experience managing coaching programs strongly preferred
- ICF coaching certification strongly preferred
- Strong planning, organization, strategic thinking, communications, relationship building, project management, and analytical skills
- Committed to providing the highest level of service while challenging the status quo through organizational development interventions
- Exceptional presentation, communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and consensus-building skills
- Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
- Adaptive, collaborative, complexity-oriented, and strengths-based leadership style, including cultivating peer to peer learning so that capabilities are shared across the team
- An appetite for learning, curiosity, and a willingness to experiment in new ways of working
- Ability to bring a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lens to all designs and deliveries
- Ability to bring a gender equality and social inclusion lens to all designs and deliveries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
- Committed to providing the highest level of service
- Knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry and ability to apply it in designs, client engagement, and all professional processes preferred
- Fluency in language(s) other than English desirable
To apply for this job please visit encompassworld.hrmdirect.com.