The role aligns to our Skills Strategy and Tech Enablement portfolio, supporting the design and implementation of the firm’s skills strategy. The firm’s skills strategy will impact the future of our business and provide a talent experience our people desire by using skills data to enhance our operational agility, providing trusted and reliable skills data to our partners, and enabling skills-based initiatives focused on improving deployment, workforce planning, advancement opportunities, and much more. This role will help shape how the firm leverages skills data to drive decisions and inform outcomes. You will lead governance structure development efforts to advance our skills strategies and skills-based initiatives. You will establish guidelines to inform how skills strategies and data are used at both a firm and business level. You will also lead and contribute to efforts to define skills-based workforce processes that impact the overall talent experience. And as a strategist and leader, you will help build, grow, and shape skills strategy adoption efforts focused on conceptualizing, cultivating, and curating our work in ways that drive the firm’s continued evolution as a skills-first organization.
The ideal candidate has experience driving strategic transformation initiatives. You will have had experience developing effective governance strategies to drive major talent transformations and/or organization cultural shifts. You will apply a thorough understanding of skills-based principles to help drive how the firm impacts its talent strategies and philosophies. And you will operate autonomously, be extremely proactive in driving results, and have experience working with and influencing executive teams and leaders.
You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on our current workforce across the Deloitte US Firms, as well as help shape our workforce of the future. As a Skills Strategy Manager, you will operate as a trusted partner of our Business and Talent leaders, supporting the design of skills-based workforce strategies and solutions that will secure our position as the professional services provider of choice for our clients and employer of choice for our evolving workforce.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate across Talent, Finance, and our Businesses to build relationships and execute the firmwide skills strategy and how that impacts our future workforce and business needs
- Serve as a resource for firm-wide skills-based and related transformation efforts
- Support skills knowledge building, communication, and adoption through the Skills Community of Practice with the ability to apply those insights to future workforce needs
- Develop insightful, data-driven business cases for how skills strategies and skills data can be used to advance business and enabling area goals and initiatives
- Create impactful presentation materials to support strategic initiatives and decision-making
- Effectively gather and interpret internal/external data trends and insights to understand the changing skills landscape
- Design, define and manage governance approaches for addressing firmwide workforce strategies, firm investments, and long-term planning relating to culture and talent transformation initiatives
- Use a human centered design approach to lead the design and deployment of various talent strategies and solutions, and use data/feedback collected to generate creative, advanced, and high value solutions
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations and deliverables to communicate workforce planning strategies and progress on transformation initiatives to Talent and Business leaders
- Manage, coach, and support the success of junior team members both formally and informally
- Provide project management expertise
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned